Thursday, May 5, 2022

Setting My Home in Order...Quietly

                                                           Mass in a Connemara Cabin
 This is quite a challenge.

How can I set my home, my life in Catholic order when I am the only Catholic and the rest of the family is not only indifferent, but opposed to Catholicism?  

This is a cross for me, the fact that my home isn't a respite, a chapel, a sanctuary, but rather a battleground.  From the things allowed to be watched and said to the lack of space to the lack of reverence to anything religious set about, it is sorrowful to even be home, sometimes.

The chaos in the home reflects the chaos of lives without Christ.  

I wish my children were younger.  I wish I found the Catholic Church years ago when they were still small.  Now, they are older and insistent upon their own ways.  And the words of mother fall flat when unsupported by father.  



But, I am reminded of The Little Flower, St. Therese of Lisieux and her Little Ways.  Every day I can do something little to move forward in my faith here at home.  I can't change my family, but I can change me.  I can change what I have control over, all the little ways and tasks left in my care.  

I can pray the Rosary.
I can fast on Fridays.
I can treat religious icons, Catholic books, and the Bible with respect and care.
I can carry my cross with dignity and joy.
I can trust in the Lord.
I can be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Large Families are Celebrated, and it Hurts

I just realized this is tagged with Traditional Catholic Femininity's url. I do encourage you to check out her page. I'll link it HE...